Sunday, December 25, 2011

So it's Christmas Day.

I woke up..and didn't run down to open presents with the family. Instead, I ran down to the dryer...got my work clothes and got ready for work...I had no thought in my mind of, "oh my gosh i have to work on Christmas" .. for some reason I was completely content and ok with it. And that made the day go by so well. I have never had a better time with co-workers and residents. Something that made my day at work was Judy, she is one of our residents...she walked out of her room as I was walking by...and she handed me a necklace and had me put it on her...and I almost teared up by doing it. Her husband Steve is in the hospital and she has been feeling pretty sad about it...I notice such a difference when she sits down to eat. But putting the necklace on her and telling her how beautiful it was just made my day. The look on her face showed hope..

As I went to my grandpa's after work, I wasn't sure about it...I know how some family gatherings go..and yes of course being the last single one in the family I hear the same thing every family event...we all know what that is...but I don't feel pressured anymore...I don't feel like I need to prove them by going out and finding someone in such a hurry. But that night turned into awesomeness. My brother, sister-in-law and nephew surprised me...it was SO awesome to see them...I pretty much attacked my brother by doing the whole jumping hug and wouldn't let go .. i love him and have missed him so much. :))))

Well after my grandpas, we walked across the street to my dads...and what is the first thing we do...watch the christmas play i was a part of last night. no matter how bad i did...my dad was proud of me...it made me so happy :)

so then i come home...and i start to clean the house with my mom...even if that had to involve an iPod in my ears to keep me calm...and it turned out to be nice...i heard my mom talk about all the fun stuff she is doing at the church she just started going to...and it makes me smile that she is finally getting her life settled with God...you are never too old.

Well, i'm going to get off here...and do some cleaning in my room....it needs it :)

No comments: